Animal health innovations are highly in demand as livestock production continues to rise and pet ownership continues to increase. The animal health industry team at PatentPC provides both cutting-edge technology and traditional veterinary science to help industry innovators.
On an annual basis, there are well over 10 million animals in the United States alone. Animal health companies are focused on two major and rapidly growing industries: livestock production and pet care. Animal health includes products that improve livestock productivity and health as well as companion animal health. These include medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, medical devices, feed, nutritional supplements, and pet supplies.
A growing human population means a rising demand for animal products. The industry will need to rely on both modern veterinary science and cutting-edge technology in order to address existing and future animal health problems. Innovation and research are key to addressing these issues and fighting new diseases.
- Strong patent protection is essential in today’s highly competitive marketplace to bring animal health products on the market. We are familiar with the risks and challenges that clients in the animal healthcare industry face. We have a depth of experience helping animal health companies strategize, build and enforce worldwide biotechnology and pharmaceutical-driven intellectual property portfolios.
- Our team is made up of professionals who have received advanced academic training in areas like chemistry, pharmacy and molecular and cell biology, genetic engineering, and immunology. This mix is exactly what animal health clients need.
- We use all available IP options to protect our clients’ products.
Our experience includes:
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications
- Interviews with patent examiners
- Negotiating licenses
- Enforcement of patent rights in ITC litigation and district court
- Assisting in contested post-grant proceedings before the PTAB
- Provide opinions on patentability, validity, and infringement
- Establishing company-wide IP guidelines
- Conducting IP audits
- Conducting IP due diligence investigations
- Valuation of IP
- International protection strategy