ORACLE INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION (Redwood Shores, CA)
While more cloud providers and infrastructures are on the internet each cloud provider must have services that run within the cloud infrastructures to be specialized and specifically designed for the cloud infrastructure in which the service can be instantiated. What is desired is a process and system that permits the service to be accessed in multiple cloud infrastructure models. It is generally desirable to provide the computing capabilities in a way that is effective, and also with various functionality and features. Cloudcomputing can often be improved by considering the complexity and the number of resources that will be employed, the compatibility of software and hardware, sharing resources, and other elements.
These systems and methods are described according to an example. An exemplary method can receive, at a platform service manager, a request to instantiate a service in one or more cloudinfrastructures. The method is able to load, through the platform service manager, at least one provider with at least one provider linked to the one or more cloud infrastructures. The method is able to create a compute region for the requested service within at the very least one cloud infrastructure. This compute region comprises one or more nodes. The method is able to deploy, by the platform service manager, the requested service to the one or more of the nodes. The method can detect using an auto-scaling mechanism, a highload on a particular node from the one or more nodes. The method is able to create a new node in the compute region, the new node comprising an exact copy of the node with the load.
Third party companies can offer computing services to their customers and users via a network. This is referred to as an approach from a third party to computing. Third party entities can provide computing resources that include hardware and software. Third party will manage, allocate, and configure the resources. manage the resources so that the customer is able to choose the type and quantity of resources available and what they will do with the resources. The customer might develop a system that will be used by other end-users as well as customers of the customer or for personal use. These systems are commonly called “cloud computing”. They can offer diverse types of services on a network, such as software as a service platform as a service infrastructure as a Service, and others.
Embodiments can be described as a method and system to automate dynamic scaling that is built on roles.Click here to view the patent on USPTO website.
Get Patents with PatentPC
What is a patent?
Granted by the government to protect an invention a patent provides the inventor exclusive rights to create, use to sell, and promote the invention? Society is benefited when a brand innovative technology is introduced to the market. Benefits can be realized in directly, in that it can allow people to accomplish previously unattainable things. Or indirectly, due to the opportunities for economic growth (business growth and employment) that innovation provides.
Many pharmaceutical companies and researchers at universities seek patent protection for their research and developments. Patents may cover the physical or abstract nature of a product or process, or even the method or composition of material unique to the area. Patent protection must be granted to any invention that is valuable, novel, and not already known by others in the same area.
Patents give inventors a chance to be recognized for commercially successful inventions. They serve as a motivator for inventors to come up with new ideas. Patents allow inventors and small businesses to know that there is a good chance they will receive a return for their time, effort and money spent on technological development. This means they will be able to make a living by their work.
Patents are a crucial part of businesses with the ability to:
Protect your innovative products and services
Increase the visibility and value of your products ‘ presence on the market
Make your brand stand out from the competition.
Find out about business and technical information.
Avoid the risk of using proprietary third-party content, or losing valuable information, innovative outputs, or any other innovative output.
Patents transform inventors’ knowledge into a commercially tradeable asset that opens up new possibilities for employment creation and business growth through joint ventures or licensing.
Small-scale businesses with patent protection are more attractive to investors involved in the commercialization and development of technology.
Patenting can generate fresh ideas and innovative inventions. This information could encourage the development of new ideas and could qualify for protection under patents.
Patents can be used to serve as an effective deterrent for untrustworthy third parties profiting from the invention’s success.
Revenues from patent-protected technology that are commercially successful can be used to fund technological research and development (R&D) and improve the chances of developing better technology in the near future.
You can use intellectual property ownership to convince investors and lenders that your product is a viable commercial value. A single patent could open the door for numerous financing options. Patents can be used along with other IP assets as collateral or security for financing. You can also show investors your patent assets to boost the value of your business. Forbes and other publications have pointed out that each patent could increase the value of your company by as much as $500,000 to $1 Million.
Startups require a carefully-crafted business plan that leverages the IP to show that your product/service is unique, superior, or innovative. Investors will also be impressed if you show that your IP rights are secured or are in progress of being secure, and that they align with your business plan.
It is essential to keep your invention secret until you submit for patent protection. Public disclosure of an invention could frequently devalue its originality and invalidate it. Pre-filing disclosures, such as for investors, test-marketing or any other business partners, must be done after signing a confidentiality agreement.
There are numerous types of patents. Understanding the different types of patents is vital for protecting your invention. Utility patents cover inventions and processes that are new. Design patents cover ornamental designs. Utility patents are the best since they protect the owner from copycats and other competition. Utility patents are often granted to enhance or modify existing inventions. Utility patents also cover enhancements and modifications in existing inventions. For instance, a process patent will be able to cover actions or methods of doing one specific thing, while a chemical composition will include a mixture of ingredients.
What is the average length of patents? Utility patents are valid for 20 years from the initial date of filing, however their expiration dates can be extended because of delays in the patent office for instance.
Are you considering patenting your ideas? Since patents are only granted to applicants who file first, you need to file quickly – call an attorney for patents at PatentPC to protect your idea now!
Patent searches are essential when you are drafting an application for patent. This will enable you to discover other ideas and give you insight into the potential of them. This will allow you to restrict the extent of your invention. Also, you can find out about the current technological advancements in the field you’re inventing. This will assist you in comprehend the scope of your invention and prepare you for the filing of the patent application.
How to Search for Patents
The first step to obtain the patent you want is to perform the patent search. You can do a google patent search or do a USPTO search. Once the patent application is filed, the product covered by the application can be called patent-pending, and you can find the patent application on public pair. After the patent office approves your application, you will be able do an examination of the patent number to locate the issued patent. Your product will now be patentable. You can also use the USPTO search engine. See below for details. Patent lawyers or a patent attorney can help you through the process. In the US, patents are granted through the US patent and trademark office or the United States patent and trademark office, which also examines trademark applications.
Interested in finding more similar patents? These are the steps to follow:
1. Brainstorm terms to describe your invention, based on its purpose composition, use, or purpose.
Write down a short detailed explanation of your invention. Do not use generic terms like “device”, “process,” or “system”. Instead, consider synonyms to the terms you initially chose. Then, note crucial technical terms as well as keywords.
Use the questions below to help you determine key words or concepts.
- What’s the goal of this invention? Is it a utilitarian device or an ornamental design?
- Is invention a way to come up with something or to perform a function? Are you referring to an item?
- What is the composition of the invention? What is the physical structure of the invention?
- What is the goal of this invention?
- What are the terms in the technical field and keywords used to define the nature of an invention? To assist you in finding the appropriate terms, use a technical dictionary.
2. These terms let you look up pertinent Cooperative Patent Classifications at Classification Search Tool. To determine the most suitable classification for your invention, scan the classification’s class Schemes (class schedules). Think about substituting the words you’re using for describing your invention, if you don’t find any results in the Classification Text Search with synonyms similar to the words you used in step 1.
3. Review the CPC Classification Definition to verify the validity of the CPC classification that you have located. The link to a CPC classification definition is provided if the chosen classification title has a blue box that includes “D” on its left. CPC classification definitions can help identify the specific classification’s scope, so you are certain to pick the most pertinent. Furthermore they can provide search tips and other suggestions that may be useful for further study.
4. Get patent documents using the CPC classification from the Patents Full-Text and Image Database. You can review and find the most relevant patent publications placing your focus on abstract and the drawings that are representative.
5. This list of patent publication is the best to look at for any similarity to your invention. Pay close attention to the specifications and claims. Consult the applicant and patent examiner for any additional patents.
6. You can find patent applications published in the past that match the CPC classification you selected in Step 3. You can apply the same method of search in Step 4 to narrow your search results down to the most relevant patent applications through the abstract and representative illustrations on every page. Then, you must carefully review the published patent applications with particular attention paid to the claims and the additional drawings.
7. You can find additional US patent publications by keywords in the AppFT and PatFT databases, as well as classification searching of patents that are not issued by the United States according to below. Also, you can make use of search engines on the internet to find non-patent patent disclosures in literature about inventions. Examples:
- Add keywords to your search. Keyword searches may turn up documents that are not well-categorized or have missed classifications during Step 2. For example, US patent examiners often supplement their classification searches with keyword searches. Think about the use of technical engineering terminology rather than everyday words.
- Search for foreign patents using the CPC classification. Then, re-run the search using international patent office search engines such as Espacenet, the European Patent Office’s worldwide patent publication database of over 130 million patent publications. Other national databases include:
- European Patent Office (EPO) provides esp@cenet to access a network of Europe’s patent databases with access to machine translation of European patents.
- Japan Patent Office (JPO) – with access to machine translations of Japanese patents.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) offers PATENTSCOPE with a full-text search of published international patent applications and machine translations for some documents, as well as a list of international patent databases.
- Korean Intellectual Property Rights Information Service (KIPRIS)
- State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) with machine translation of Chinese patents.
- Other International Intellectual Property Offices with online patent databases include Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, India, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan.
- Search non-patent literature. Inventions can be made public in many non-patent publications. It is recommended that you search journals, books, websites, technical catalogs, conference proceedings, and other print and electronic publications.
To review your search, you can hire a registered patent attorney to assist. A preliminary search will help one better prepare to talk about their invention and other related inventions with a professional patent attorney. In addition, the attorney will not spend too much time or money on patenting basics.