Infrared5, Inc. (Jamaica Plain, MA)
Data centers are generally only for one purpose and require a lot of energy to power the servers and to cool them. Because of the excessive heat generation the typical data center is very inefficient and doesn’t bring many benefits to the communities around it. Data center owners typically retain the majority of their revenue, while communities may have to bear the environmental effects of cooling large quantities of water and their release at a higher or different temperature.
There isn’t enough network infrastructure available to transfer data from data centers to users in a reliable manner. Wi-Fi technology is now the widespread method to connect to the internet from any device due to its capability to penetrate walls effectively and with large capacity. While Wi-Fi can be an ideal technology for inter-device communication , it isn’t always the best choice particularly in urban areas. The reason is that Wi-Fi bands (especially the 2.4GHz band) are already overcrowded. The addition of additional devices will only increase the problem. This is especially true in urban areas with dense populations where every building already is equipped with at least one Wi-Fi access point. This is not an issue in rural and suburban areas, but there is still a limited Wi-Fi coverage that is approximately 30-50 meters.
There’s a requirement for improvements in the way streaming and data storage systems are implemented. This disclosure offers solutions for this problem and other desirable characteristics. Specifically,the present disclosure provides specialized devices that can generate power and are capable of operating as nodes within an interconnected network.
A device is provided in accordance with the example embodiments that are described in the present invention. The device includes a solar panel for generating power from sunlight, a communication device for receiving and transmitting data over at least two wirelesscommunication mediums, and an actuator for moving the communication device. The device also includes an server that receives the power generated by the solar panel as well as data from the communication device over the two wireless communication mediums and supplying power to the server in order to transfer data across an unidirectional network.
In accordance with the aspects of the invention, at minimum two wireless communication mediums are available. They include radio communication media and laser communication medium. A low power circuit type is a feature that can be added to the device, allowing users to hear the instructions needed to start your server. A power converter can be added to the device to convert solar panel generated power into the voltages needed for the server’s operation. The device can further include an interface to at least one of an abattery or a power grid and an appliance. An enclosure that provides environmental protection can be added to the device. It could include the actuator, communication device and solar panel.
Based on the features of the invention, the enclosure contains at least one air cushion that is designed to help disperse heat from at at least one of the solar panels, the communication device and the actuator. The enclosure may be likewise attached to a structure for managing multiple devices. The communication device is configured to send and receive data to other network-enabled devices.
According to the example embodiments of the present invention, an approach to creating a distributed system is provided. The method involves performing, by an electronic device for communication the connectivity check to determine a quality of a communication over atleast two wireless communication mediums, updating, by the server device, a distributed status for the quality of the communication using at-least two wireless communication media, and listening by small circuits to select the server device to transmit data through a distributed network. The procedure involves activating the server device’s ability to transmit data through distributed networks and sending the data by the server device to a different server device within the distributed network.
According to the principles of the present invention the at least two wireless communication medias comprise a laser communication medium and radio communication medium. The device can further include the ability to detect and receive updates, through an blockchain, of neighboring devices that can communicate with the server device. The device can further include rotating, by an actuator, a communication device to establish a line of sight communication with at least one of the devices in the vicinity. The device also has the ability to monitor the qualityof connection with another device. The small board circuit will determine if the connection quality has declined beyond a predetermined threshold and select a different medium to transmit information to the second device. The device can further include receiving, via the server device data from a different server device within the distributed network.
The present invention offers an approach to allocating power in accordance with instances. This method requires receiving power from one or more server devices. Central power management system calculates the total power available by analyzing solar energy generated. Status updates are received from a single or multiple server devices about idle and active servers. The method also involves monitoring, by the central power management system power usage of the active servers and allocating, by the central power management system, power to the active servers based on the total availablepower.
In accordance with the aspects of the invention, allocating does not require the provision of an additional source of power to servers when solar panels modules on the active server generate enough electricity to operate the servers. The allocation can also comprise providing power from at least one of a power grid to the servers that are active in the event that the solar panel modules of the server devices are not generating enough electricity for operation of the servers that are active. This method may also include allotting the excess power generated by servers or other devices to at least one battery, an appliance or power grid.Click here to view the patent on USPTO website.
Get Patents with PatentPC
What is a patent?
The government grants patents to protect an invention, a patent provides the inventor exclusive rights to create, use to sell, and promote the invention? society gains when a new technology is brought to the market. These benefits could be realized immediately as people are able to accomplish feats previously unattainable, or indirectly through the opportunities for economic growth that innovation offers (business growth, jobs).
Many pharmaceutical firms and university researchers are seeking patent protection for their research and developments. Patents are granted for a product, process, or method for making new materials. Patent protection is granted to any invention that is valuable unique, innovative, and not already known by others in the same field.
Patents are awarded to inventors who have commercially successful inventions. They act as an incentive for inventors to create. Patents enable entrepreneurs and inventors to be confident that there’s an excellent chance that they will be paid back for their efforts, time and investment in the development of technology. It means that they can earn money from their work.
Patents play a vital role in businesses with the ability to:
Create and protect the latest products and services;
Enhance the value, appearance, and visibility of your product on the market
Differentiate your business and products from others;
Access to business and technical knowledge and information;
Beware of the possibility of accidentally using proprietary third-party content, or losing your valuable information, innovative outputs, or other creative output.
Patents transform inventors’ knowledge into a marketable asset that opens up new possibilities for employment creation and expansion of businesses through joint ventures or licensing.
Investors involved in the commercialization and development of technology will appreciate small businesses with patent protection more appealing.
Patenting could lead to the development of innovations and new ideas. This information can encourage innovation and may qualify for protection under patents.
Patents can be used to prevent untrustworthy third-party companies from earning through the work of inventions.
Commercially successful patent-protected technology revenues can be used to finance technological research and development (R&D) and improve the chances of developing better technology in the coming years.
Intellectual ownership of property can be used to convince investors and lenders that there are real opportunities to market your product. One patent that is powerful could open the door for multiple financing opportunities. Patents can be used along with other IP assets as collateral or security to secure financing. Investors are also able to view your patent assets in order to boost the value of their company. Forbes and others have noted that each patent can add between $500,000 and one million dollars to company valuation.
A well-thought-out business plan is crucial for new businesses. It must be built on IP and show how your product/service is distinctive. In addition, investors will be impressed if you show that your IP rights are secure or are in progress of being secure, and that they are in line with your business strategy.
It is vital to keep the invention secret prior to filing for patent protection. Public disclosure of an invention prior to filing can frequently degrade its originality and make it ineligible for patent protection. Therefore, prior filing disclosures (e.g. for testing-marketing investors, test-marketing, or any other business partners) should only be made following the signing of a confidentiality agreement.
There are many kinds of patents. Understanding them is crucial for protecting your invention. Utility patents are for inventions and processes that are new. Design patents cover ornamental designs. Patents for utility are the best option and protect the owner against copycats and other competitors. In most cases they are granted for modifications or improvements to existing inventions. Utility patents can also be used to improve or alter existing inventions. For example, a procedure patent covers acts or methods of performing one specific thing, whereas chemical compositions are an assortment of ingredients.
How long does a patent last? Although utility patents are valid for 20 years from the date of their initial filing, they may be extended by delays at the patent office.
Are you interested in patenting your ideas? As patents are only granted to applicants who file first and you must start filing quickly. Call PatentPC to speak with a patent attorney PatentPC to file your invention now!
When you’re writing your patent application, you should do a patent search, as the search will give you an insight into the other applicants’ thoughts. It will help you limit the scope of your invention. You can also find out about the technological advancements in your area of invention. This will help you to understand the scope of your invention and help prepare you to file the patent application.
How to Search for Patents
A patent search is the initial step towards obtaining your patent. You can do a google patent search or do a USPTO search. After the patent application has been submitted, the product that is that is covered by the patent application could be referred to as patent-pending and you can find the patent application on public pair. After the patent office has approved the patent application, you are able to perform a patent search to locate the issued patent and your product is now patented. Alongside the USPTO search engine, you can use other search engines such as espacenet, as detailed below. You can get help from an attorney for patents. In the US, patents are issued by the US trademark and patent office or the United States patent and trademark office, which is also responsible for examining trademark applications.
Are you interested in finding similar patents? These are the steps to follow:
1. Create a list of terms to describe your invention based upon the purpose, composition and use.
Write down a concise and precise explanation of your invention. Don’t use generic terms such as “device”, “process,” or “system”. Look for synonyms to the terms you initially chose. Next, take note of important technical terms and keywords.
Use the questions below to help you find key words or concepts.
- What’s the purpose of this invention? Is it a utilitarian device or an ornamental design?
- Is invention a way to make something or carry out a function? Are you referring to a product?
- What is the purpose and composition of the invention? What is the physical makeup of the invention?
- What’s the purpose of this invention?
- What are the terms in the technical field and keywords used to describe the nature of an invention? To find the correct terms, consult an online dictionary of technical terms.
2. Utilize these terms to locate relevant Cooperative Patent Classifications at the Classification Text Search Tool. If you’re not able to locate the appropriate classification to describe your invention, look through the classification’s class Schemas (class schedules). Consider substituting the words that you’re using to describe your invention if you don’t receive any results from your Classification Text Search with synonyms like the ones you used in step 1.
3. Examine 3. Check the CPC Classification Definition for confirmation of the CPC classification you’ve found. The hyperlink to the CPC classification definition is provided if the chosen classification title is a blue square with a “D” on the left. CPC classification definitions will aid you in determining the classification’s scope , so you can select the most appropriate. These definitions may also include research tips or other suggestions that could be helpful for further investigation.
4. The Patents Full-Text Database and the Image Database allow you to retrieve patent documents that include the CPC classification. You can look through and select the most relevant patent publications by focusing first on the abstract and the drawings that are representative.
5. This selection of patent publication is the best to look at for any similarity with your invention. Be sure to read the specification and claims. Refer to the applicant and patent examiner for additional patents.
6. Retrieve published patent applications with the CPC classification you chose in Step 3 in the Applications Full-Text and Image Database. It is possible to use the same method of search as Step 4, narrowing your search results to the relevant patent applications by looking at the abstract and representative drawings on each page. Next, carefully examine the published patent applications and pay particular attention to the claims and additional drawings.
7. Find additional US patents by keyword searching in the AppFT and PatFT databases, classification search of non-U.S. patents as described below, and searching for non-patent patent disclosures in the literature of inventions using internet search engines. Examples:
- Add keywords to your search. Keyword searches may turn up documents that are not well-categorized or have missed classifications during Step 2. For example, US patent examiners often supplement their classification searches with keyword searches. Think about the use of technical engineering terminology rather than everyday words.
- Search for foreign patents using the CPC classification. Then, re-run the search using international patent office search engines such as Espacenet, the European Patent Office’s worldwide patent publication database of over 130 million patent publications. Other national databases include:
- European Patent Office (EPO) provides esp@cenet to access a network of Europe’s patent databases with access to machine translation of European patents.
- Japan Patent Office (JPO) – with access to machine translations of Japanese patents.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) offers PATENTSCOPE with a full-text search of published international patent applications and machine translations for some documents, as well as a list of international patent databases.
- Korean Intellectual Property Rights Information Service (KIPRIS)
- State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) with machine translation of Chinese patents.
- Other International Intellectual Property Offices with online patent databases include Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, India, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan.
- Search non-patent literature. Inventions can be made public in many non-patent publications. It is recommended that you search journals, books, websites, technical catalogs, conference proceedings, and other print and electronic publications.
To review your search, you can hire a registered patent attorney to assist. A preliminary search will help one better prepare to talk about their invention and other related inventions with a professional patent attorney. In addition, the attorney will not spend too much time or money on patenting basics.