Artificial intelligence has become the better part of our lives. Here is to how smart assistants are helping startups thrive.
Because of their convenience, smart assistants are now a regular part of our daily lives. It takes just five minutes to open the cabinet and create a list of items that an artificial intelligence based device can purchase. This is compared to driving to the market, looking for the right item, and waiting in line to pay. The time we save can be used to do work, exercise, or just relax or recreate. Our devices make it possible! They are our guides, coaches, and as their knowledge of us grow, our confidants.
With virtual assistants gaining more capabilities, the battle for control of the household is heating up. Apple’s Siri and Google’s Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Microsoft Cortana all have strong patent portfolio and collectively hold a large market share and user awareness.
table of Content
What is an intelligence database?
Intelligent databases are full-text databases that include artificial intelligence (AI) components. These components interact with users to provide all the information they need.
The idea of an intelligent database was put forward as a system that manages information that appears natural to users and goes beyond simple record keeping. Antecedently, databases were usually considered to store business data and were not expected to merge numeric data or automatically notice patterns in the data stored. However, the emergence of intelligence data has made it possible to produce relevant information after processing and conscientious working.
TRIPS Agreement states that Copyright Protection covers databases and other compilations that are intellectually created by the arrangement or selection of their contents. Even if the contents themselves do not constitute protected copyright materials, the TRIPS Agreement also provides that includes database and other compilations. This requirement is followed by many countries. Databases are protected by copyright if they meet this condition. There is no separate Intellectual property right (IPR), protecting databases or any aspect thereof that does not meet this condition.
How does an intelligence database work?
This layer often depend on the use of Artificial intelligence techniques. AI is a branch of science that deals with how intelligence can be implemented. However, the crucial aspect is how generated or provided data will be stored. This is where a database comes in, which is basically a pool of data that stores material in sequential and non-sequential format.
The databases combine data warehousing, advanced analytics, and visualizations in an in-memory database. This intricate system simultaneously ingests, explores, analyzes, and visualizes fast-moving, complex data within milliseconds, delivering up to the minute results and insights.
Databases work and deliver through electronic digital assistants, commonly known as personal, virtual, and smart assistants. The assistant can learn about the user’s preferences, styles, preferences, and interests through a variety of machine-learning processes. The assistant learns about the user’s interest in specific types of information and guides them through the process of selecting, utilizing, and managing interactions via the information locator.
The assistant intelligently collaborate and assists the user in maneuver the complexities of cyberspace. Moreover, it supports the ability to refine queries and manage the costs associated with the business. These gen houses also automatically schedule and execute multiple information retrieval tasks in accordance with the user priorities, deadlines, and preferences using a scheduler. While scheduling information retrieval tasks, the scheduler analyses durations, deadlines and delays. To reach a goal, the schedule is dynamically generated through incrementally building plans at multiple levels.
Virtual assistants were once a science-fictional innovation, but they are now available in billions all over the globe. According to estimates, more than eight billion virtual voice assistants will be available worldwide by 2024. This is roughly the same number as the global population. The virtual assistant is a success in a world where both consumers and businesses are continually adopting new technologies to improve efficiency and convenience.
Examples of digital assistants
Today, People are familiar with digital assistants for smartphones such as Mycroft or Google Assistant on Android smartphones, Siri on iPhones and iPads, Bixby on Samsung phones, and Google Assistant on Android smartphones. A popular example of a digital assistant is the Amazon Echo or Google Home smart speakers. Microsoft Windows 10 users might also be familiar Cortana (Microsoft’s digital assistant for computers), another example is online chat boxes. Patents, which are incorporeal rights, grant the inventor exclusive and legal rights to their invention in exchange for publishing allowing public disclosure of the invention. They are a prime example of digital assistants. Some notable ones include;
- Patent publication number US5463696A – Apple Computer, Inc.: Recognition system and method for user inputs to a computer system.
- Patent citation number US6757587B1 – Nokia Corporation: Method and apparatus for dynamically reprogramming remote autonomous agents.
- Patent citation number US7069259B2 – Microsoft Corporation: Multi-attribute specification of preferences about people, priorities and privacy for guiding messaging and communications.
- Patent citation number US8489738B2 – Facebook, Inc: Matching engine for comparing data feeds with user profile criteria.
- Patent citation number US9781214B2 – Amazon Technologies, Inc: Load-balanced, persistent connection techniques.
- Patent citation number US10022613B2 – Bao Tran: Smart device.
- Patent citation number US10046228B2 – Bao Tran: Smart device.
- Patent citation number US8131718B2- Founded by Bao Tran, the founder of PatentPC and an experienced patent attorney. This patent is an electronic assistant system for managing and scheduling user calendar events with worldwide applications. It consists of a host assistant that adapts to user preferences, styles, or interest, updates user preferences, styles, and techniques in a knowledge repository, and instructs the information locator how to locate the data of interest in one of the many information sources.
Understanding the rights and obligations of databases
Anyone who creates, organizes, manages, or administrates databases, or extracts or reuses the content of databases owned by others should review his approach to data use and take the necessary steps. These are the best practices for dealing with databases.
- You should consider whether the database is eligible for protection. Is the database eligible for copyright or database rights protection?
- Who owns the database? Is there a requirement for licenses to use the database? If so, should a transfer of rights be made to such a database?
- Contracts relating to commissioned database and employment contracts should be reviewed. Are such contracts specifically related to ownership or assignment copyright and database rights?
- Update databases regularly.
- Copyright notices, such as (c) can be used to protect against infringement.
- To prove substantial investment, keep a record of any ‘financial or human resources’ that were used to create a database.
Impact of electronic assistants on businesses
Electronic assistants are groundbreaking tools that have absolutely revolutionized the way businesses work. Stretching from translating documents and converting files to providing research data and benchmarks, the gains of this ultra-modern gear are numerous. They are fostering the efficient working of several consultancies and large-scale corporations.
Using these futuristic methods, employees of different companies are proficient in decision-making, elevating their trade to phenomenal stratums. It saves time, cost and resources, making the working space happy and healthy.
The whole process is accelerated, and productivity is achieved. The assistants are one of the first digital co-workers, providing a glimpse of how applied AI aids in a business’s flourishing. Noteworthy is the actuality that digital assistants have exceptional merits for startups. Startups on low cost and resources can grow bigger in no time using this innovation. Electronic assistants aid in providing hidden insights, notifying possible threats, market trends, competitors, and fostering constructive branding.