BEIJING TUSEN ZHITU TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. (Beijing, CN)
The autonomous technology will increase the popularity of autonomous vehicles more popular. The safety of the driving process of the autonomous vehicles seems to be particularly important. The question of how to automate inspection and repair is an urgent one that should be addressed by experts in the field. There is no technology available that can be used to automate the inspection and repair of the self-driving vehicles.
The present application offers a method and system of implementing vehicle automatic inspection and repair as well as a vehicle controller and an inspection and repair device.
An embodiment of the present application provides a method for implementing vehicle automatic inspection and repair. It includes:
the obtaining of, via a vehicle controller, self-inspection information, and directing a vehicle to drive and stop at an inspection or repair position after determining that the vehicle malfunctions according to the auto-inspection data of the vehicle
transmitting, via the controller of the vehicle, vehicle diagnostic information to an inspection and repair equipment sending, by the vehicle controller, diagnostic information to an inspection and repair apparatus
The controller of the vehicle will be notified by inspection and repairs apparatus.
A particular embodiment of the present application provides a method of implementing vehicle automatic inspection and repair. It includes:
A vehicle controller used to collect self-inspection information, to control a vehicle to drive in the repair or inspection point and to determine if the malfunctions of the vehicle is determined based on the vehicle’s self-inspection, and to send vehicle diagnostic information to an inspection or repair equipment.
the apparatus for inspection and repair that is designed to identify a repair suggestion based on vehicle diagnostic information and then send the repair advice to the controller of the vehicle.
A vehicle controller is an example of the present invention. It includes:
a communication unit configured to receive and send information; and
A control unit capable of obtaining self-inspection information for the vehicle, controlling the vehicle’s drive to an inspection or repair site in the event of a malfunction as determined by the vehicle self-inspection data, and transmitting information about the vehicle’s diagnostics to an inspector and repair equipment.
A preferred embodiment of the present invention further includes an apparatus for inspection and repairs that includes:
A device for communication that can be able to receive and transmit information; and
an inspection and repair system designed to receive, via the unit that communicates, the vehicle’s diagnostics from a controller for a vehicle to determine a suitable repair advice according to the diagnostics of the vehicle, andsend the repair advice to the vehicle controller.Click here to view the patent on USPTO website.
Get Patents with PatentPC
What is a patent?
A patent is granted by the government in order to protect the invention. It grants the inventor the exclusive right to develop, utilize and sell the invention. Society benefits when new technologies are brought to the market. The benefits can be directly realized as people are able to accomplish feats previously unattainable and indirectly by the opportunities for economic growth which innovation can bring (business expansion, jobs).
Patent protection is sought out by many university researchers and drug companies to protect their research and development. A patent can cover the physical or abstract nature of a product or process, or a method or composition of materials that are new to the area. Patent protection must be granted to an invention that is useful or novel and is not previously known to others in the same field.
Patents give inventors a chance to be recognized for commercially viable inventions. They serve as a motivator for inventors to come up with new ideas. Small-scale businesses and inventors can be assured that they will get the most from their investment in the development of technology. They can earn a living through their work.
Patents play a vital role in businesses with the ability to:
Secure your products and services.
Your products are more noticeable appealing, valuable, and desirable to the market.
Differentiate your business and products from others;
Find out about business and technical information.
Be careful not to accidentally use third-party content or loosing valuable data, creative outputs, or any other outputs that are creative.
Patents transform inventors’ knowledge into a commercially tradeable asset that opens up new possibilities for employment creation and business expansion through licensing or joint ventures.
Investors in the development and commercialization of technology will appreciate small-scale businesses that have patent protection appealing.
Patenting may lead to innovative ideas and inventions. This information could be eligible for patent protection.
Patents can be used as a deterrent to untrustworthy third parties that profit from the invention’s success.
Commercially successful patent-protected technology revenues could be used to finance technological research and development (R&D), which will increase the chance of better technology in the coming years.
You can leverage the intellectual property rights of your company to convince investors and lenders that your product is a viable commercial potential. A single patent could provide many financing opportunities. You can use patents and other IP assets as collateral or security to secure financing. Investors may also look at your patent assets in order to increase their company valuation. Forbes and others have pointed out that each patent can increase the value of your company by as much as $500,000 to $1 million.
A well-crafted business plan is vital for start-ups. It should be based on IP and explain how your product/service is distinctive. Investors are also impressed if your IP rights are secure or are in the process of becoming secure and they endorse your business plan.
It is crucial to keep an invention secret until you apply to protect it with patents. A public disclosure of an invention can often damage its novelty and invalidate it. Disclosures that are filed prior to filing, like for investors, test-marketing or other business partners should be done only after signing a confidentiality agreement.
There are a variety of patents. Understanding the different types of patents is vital to protect your invention. Patents for utility cover techniques and machines. Design patents cover ornamental designs. Utility patents are the most effective to protect the proprietor from copycats and other competitors. Patents for utility are usually granted to enhance or modify existing inventions. Utility patents can also be used to cover improvements and modifications to existing inventions. A process patent will cover the acts or methods to perform a particular action. But, a chemical composition would include an amalgamation of components.
What is the length average of a patent? Utility patents last 20 years from the initial date of filing, however their expirations can be extended because of delays at the patent office for instance.
Are you thinking of the patenting of your idea? Patents are granted only to the first applicants to file therefore you need to file your patent application quickly. Contact PatentPC now to have your patent application filed!
When you are writing a patent application, you should do an internet search for patents, since the search will give you some insight into other people’s ideas. It will help you limit the nature of your idea. It is also possible to find out about the state of the art within your field of invention. You’ll be able to get a better idea of what your invention should be and be better prepared to write the patent application.
How to Search for Patents
A patent search is the initial step towards obtaining your patent. You can do a google patent search or do a USPTO search. Once the patent application has been submitted, the product that is that is covered by the patent application could be called patent-pending, and you will be able to locate the patent application on public pair. Once the patent office approves the application, you can perform a patent search to locate the patent issued, and your product is now patented. In addition to the USPTO search engine, you can use other search engines, such as espacenet, as detailed below. A patent lawyer or patent attorney can help you through the process. Patents in the United States are granted by the US trademark and patent office or the United States patent office. The office also examines trademark applications.
Are you interested in finding similar patents? Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Create a list of terms for your invention in relation to its intended or composition.
Begin by writing down a succinct detailed description of your invention. Avoid using generic terms like “device,” “process,” and “system.” Instead, look for synonyms for the terms you selected initially. Also, keep track of important technical terms as well as keywords.
To help you find the key words and concepts, try the following questions.
- What’s the goal of the invention? Is it a utilitarian device or an ornamental design?
- Is inventing a method to come up with something or to perform some function? Is it a product?
- What is the basis of the invention? What is the physical structure of the invention?
- What is the goal of this invention?
- What are the technical terms and terms used to describe an invention’s nature? A technical dictionary can assist you to locate the right words.
2. Utilize these terms to find relevant Cooperative Patent Classifications on the Classification Text Search Tool. If you are unable to determine the correct classification to describe your invention, look through the classification’s class Schemas (class schedules). If you do not get results using the Classification Text Search, you may consider replacing your words to describe your invention using synonyms.
3. Check the CPC Classification Definition to verify the accuracy of the CPC classification you have found. The link to the CPC classification definition is available if the chosen classification title has a blue box that includes “D” on its left. CPC classification definitions will help determine the relevant classification’s scope which is why you can be sure to select the most pertinent. Additionally the definitions may include some tips for searching and other information that may be useful for further research.
4. The Patents Full-Text Database and the Image Database allow you to retrieve patent documents that include the CPC classification. By focusing on abstracts and illustrations, you can narrow down your search to the most relevant patent publications.
5. Use this selection of the most relevant patent publications to examine each one in depth for any similarity to your idea. Be sure to read the claims and specifications. Contact the applicant as well as the patent examiner to obtain additional patents.
6. Retrieve published patent applications with the CPC classification you selected in Step 3 from the Applications Full-Text and Image Database. You may also employ the same search strategy that you used in Step 4 to narrow your search results to just the most relevant patents by reading the abstracts and representative drawings on every page. Next, carefully examine the patent applications published, paying particular attention to the claims as well as additional drawings.
7. You can find other US patent publications by keyword searches in AppFT or PatFT databases, as well as search for patents classified as not from the US per below. You can also make use of search engines on the internet to search non-patent patent disclosures in literature about inventions. Here are some examples:
- Add keywords to your search. Keyword searches may turn up documents that are not well-categorized or have missed classifications during Step 2. For example, US patent examiners often supplement their classification searches with keyword searches. Think about the use of technical engineering terminology rather than everyday words.
- Search for foreign patents using the CPC classification. Then, re-run the search using international patent office search engines such as Espacenet, the European Patent Office’s worldwide patent publication database of over 130 million patent publications. Other national databases include:
- European Patent Office (EPO) provides esp@cenet to access a network of Europe’s patent databases with access to machine translation of European patents.
- Japan Patent Office (JPO) – with access to machine translations of Japanese patents.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) offers PATENTSCOPE with a full-text search of published international patent applications and machine translations for some documents, as well as a list of international patent databases.
- Korean Intellectual Property Rights Information Service (KIPRIS)
- State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) with machine translation of Chinese patents.
- Other International Intellectual Property Offices with online patent databases include Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, India, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan.
- Search non-patent literature. Inventions can be made public in many non-patent publications. It is recommended that you search journals, books, websites, technical catalogs, conference proceedings, and other print and electronic publications.
To review your search, you can hire a registered patent attorney to assist. A preliminary search will help one better prepare to talk about their invention and other related inventions with a professional patent attorney. In addition, the attorney will not spend too much time or money on patenting basics.