SAMSUNG ELECTRO-MECHANICS CO., LTD. (Suwon-si, KR)
Multilayer ceramic electronic components have become less bulky and efficient in recent times due to the growing trend towards smaller and more compact components.
External electrodes used in multilayer ceramic electronic components are becoming thinner in order to meet the increasing demand for smaller and more powerful multilayer ceramic components.
In accordance with the art, in order to create the external electrode glass, glass, a base resin and an organic solvent are combined with an ordinary conductive metal to create an external electrode paste. the external electrode paste is sprayed to bothend surfaces of the main body of ceramic, and then the main body of the ceramic is sintered in order to sinter metal within the electrode external.
External electrode paste is made of a conductive material. It protects the chip and creates an electrical connections. Glass acts as an additional material.
However, as the multilayer ceramic electronic component is reduced in size and is able to handle high capacities, the stacking number of internal electrodes is enhanced to ensure capacity. Therefore, the concept of reducing the thickness of both the upper and lower cover layersis universally utilized.
As a result when an electrode externally is made then an internal electrode is formed within the vicinity of an area of the corner of a body made of ceramic, having a smaller thickness and thus may be readily exposed to chemical and physical impact.
Detail: As an external electrode for the multilayer ceramic electronic component is thinned, an area of thickness near a corner of the main body of the ceramic is also diminished. Corner coverage performance can be diminished as a plating solution could be sprayed.
Moreover, in the case of an external electrode used in a model that has a high capacity the moment the electrode of an external source is sintered to minimize temperature shock, a substance which can be sintered at low temperatures is employed. In the case of glass that is softened by a low temperature and is abrasive, it could have an acid resistance that is weak in the course of plating. The solution for plating can easily penetrate a plating layer created without an electrode external to it. This can lead to the quality of the product being affected due to decreased moisture resistance reliability.Click here to view the patent on USPTO website.
Get Patents with PatentPC
What is a patent?
How to Search for Patents
- Add keywords to your search. Keyword searches may turn up documents that are not well-categorized or have missed classifications during Step 2. For example, US patent examiners often supplement their classification searches with keyword searches. Think about the use of technical engineering terminology rather than everyday words.
- Search for foreign patents using the CPC classification. Then, re-run the search using international patent office search engines such as Espacenet, the European Patent Office’s worldwide patent publication database of over 130 million patent publications. Other national databases include:
- European Patent Office (EPO) provides esp@cenet to access a network of Europe’s patent databases with access to machine translation of European patents.
- Japan Patent Office (JPO) – with access to machine translations of Japanese patents.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) offers PATENTSCOPE with a full-text search of published international patent applications and machine translations for some documents, as well as a list of international patent databases.
- Korean Intellectual Property Rights Information Service (KIPRIS)
- State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) with machine translation of Chinese patents.
- Other International Intellectual Property Offices with online patent databases include Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, India, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan.
- Search non-patent literature. Inventions can be made public in many non-patent publications. It is recommended that you search journals, books, websites, technical catalogs, conference proceedings, and other print and electronic publications.
To review your search, you can hire a registered patent attorney to assist. A preliminary search will help one better prepare to talk about their invention and other related inventions with a professional patent attorney. In addition, the attorney will not spend too much time or money on patenting basics.