CLOUDMINDS (SHANGHAI) ROBOTICS CO., LTD. (Shanghai, CN)
Users who have registered with a network or computer system may have different rights of access to the services they utilize. Authorization is the process where a person’s identity is confirmed, and an assessment is made on the types of services that a user is allowed to use.
The involvement of a trusted third-party is necessary for authorization technology. The procedure works like this: a user logs in an access gateway and enters an identification number, password, certificate, etc. to identify the user, and the access gateway forwards the user’s identification to an authorization server. Once the authorization server has verified the user identity it sends a verification success signal and a service that the user can access or an error message for verification are returned to the access gateway based on the verification results. If the verification is successful the gateway allows the user access to the relevant accessible service.
The example above shows that when an authorization server (a centralized server) is compromised or compromised by an entity who provides authorization servers, legitimate rights and benefits for those who are affected could be breached. This indicates that the present technology for authorization isn’t secure.
This disclosure proposes a registration and authorization system device, method, and device to solve the technical issue that the current authorization technology has relatively low safety.
To accomplish the above-mentioned goal one aspect of the present invention offers an authentication method. The method is used to connect an authorization server, which is a node in a blockchain network that stores a blockchain consisting of a plurality of blocks, each block is used to store authorization information The method also includes:
Receiving registration request messages from a device used by a user. The message for registration includes identification data. The data is used to verify authenticity of the user.
assigning authorization information for the user wherein the authorization information is used to identify a access point that the user is able to use the service; and
By using the authorization server, input the authorization information and identification within the blocks.
The other aspect of the invention is an authorization process. It is used to access a server that is a node within the blockchain network.
receiving an access request notification sent by a device used by the user, wherein the access request message includes user identity information;
Inquiring about identification and authorization details of the user according to the information about the user’s identity through the access server
performing identity verification on the user according to the identification information as well as
After verification, the authorization information will allow the user access to the service designated.
The third aspect of the invention is an authorization device. It is connected to an authorization server network and is able to store an authorization block that is composed of multiple blocks. Each block is utilized to store authorization data.
A message receiver that receives an application for registration from the user’s device. The information pertaining to identification in the message requesting registration is used to carry out identity verification for the user.
An authority assigning system that assigns authorization information to users. The authorization data can be used to identify an access point that the user has to access.
A writing device for writing the authorization and identification details into blocks of the via the authorization server.
A fourth aspect of the present invention includes an authorization device, the authorization device functions as an access server, which is a component of a blockchain network, and the authorization device consists of:
A message receiver that is able to receive access request messages that are sent by users. The access request message must contain information about the user’s identity.
An inquiry device to obtain identification and authorization information about the user according the identity of the user through the access server.
an identity verification unit to verify the identity of the user based on the information on identification as well as
An access authorizing unit that allows users to access the service specified according to authorization details, once verification of the user’s identity through the identity verification device has been completed.
The fifth feature of the present invention is an authorization server that is a node in a blockchain network. It keeps a blockchain consisting of several blocks. Each block being used to store details about authorization. The authorization server is comprised of:
A processor, a communication interface with a memory, a processor and a communication bus the processor, the interface for communication and the memory interact each other via the communication bus
Memory can be used to store programs for application.
The processor is utilized to execute the application program which implements the method in the first part.
The sixth element of the invention is the access server. It’s a node in the Blockchain network.
A processor, a communications interface, and a memory all are part of the same communication bus. The processor, the bridge for communication and the memory are able to communicate with each other via the communication bus.
Memory can be used to store applications.
The processor is used to run the program which implements the procedure in the second section.
A seventh element of the invention is an authorization system, and the system comprises:
An authorization server and an access server, wherein the authorization server is a node within an blockchain network, while the access server is a component of the blockchain network, and it connects to a server that provides network service.
The authorization server is utilized for performing the method of the first part; and
Access servers are used for performing the method of the second part.
A ninth aspect of the invention provides a computer readable storage medium that is used for storing a computer program, wherein the computer program contains instructions for performing the procedure of the first aspect.
The tenth feature is an electronic storage medium that can be read by computers. It is able to store a computer program.
The authorization server utilizes the technical solutions described above to transfer the identity and authorization information of the user to the block. In this way, when the access server receives the access request message sentby the user device, the identification information stored in the blockchain may be used to perform the identity verification, and after the verification is passed, the user is allowed to access the designated service according to the authorizationinformation. Detrusting the blockchain allows the authorization process to need no endorsement by a trusted third party. The decentralization of Blockchain renders it impossible for anyone or any organization to change the information that the user has. This assures security and security of the authorization.Click here to view the patent on USPTO website.
Get Patents with PatentPC
What is a patent?
Patents are issued by the government to safeguard an invention. The patent grants the inventor the exclusive right to develop, utilize and sell the invention. Society benefits when new technologies are brought to the market. These benefits may be realized directly as people are able to achieve previously impossible feats, or indirectly via the economic opportunities which innovation can bring (business expansion, job creation).
Patent protection is sought by many pharmaceutical companies and university researchers to protect their research and development. Patents are granted for the creation of a product, process or method for making new materials. To be granted patent protection, an invention must be valuable, new, and not apparent to others within the same subject.
Patents are a way to give inventors a reward for commercially successful inventions. They are an incentive to inventors to invent. Patents permit inventors and small companies to be assured that there’s the possibility that they’ll get a profit for their efforts, time, and money invested in the development of technology. They can earn money through their work.
Patents are a crucial part of firms and can be used to:
Create and protect innovative products and services;
Your product will be more visible as well as valuable and appealing to buyers.
Make your company and products stand out from others;
Get technical and business information.
Avoid accidentally using third-party content or you could lose valuable data or creative outputs as well as other outputs.
Patents transform the knowledge of inventors into a marketable asset, which creates new opportunities for employment creation through joint ventures and licensing.
Small companies that have patent protection will be more attractive to investors involved in the commercialization and development of technology.
Patents can lead to the development of innovative ideas and inventions. This information could be eligible for patent protection.
Patents can be used to stop untrustworthy third-party companies from earning from the invention’s efforts.
The profits from technology patents that are successful and commercially viable can be used to fund technological research and development (R&D), which will improve the chances of developing better technology in the coming years.
It is possible to use intellectual property ownership to convince lenders and investors that your product has real commercial potential. One powerful patent may provide many financing opportunities. Patents can be used along with other IP assets as collateral or security to secure financing. You can also show investors the patents you own to boost the value of your business. Forbes and others have noted that each patent can add anywhere from $500,000 to one million dollars to your company’s valuation.
Startups require a carefully-crafted business plan that leverages the IP to demonstrate that your product/service is unique innovative, superior, or superior. Additionally, investors will be impressed if you can show you have IP rights are secured or are in the process of becoming secure, and that they align with your business strategy.
It is important to keep your invention secret until you file for patent protection. A public divulging an invention could frequently devalue its originality and render it invalid. The filing of disclosures prior to filing, for example, for investors, test marketing, or other business partners, should be done only following the signing of a confidentiality agreement.
There are many kinds of patents. Understanding them is crucial to protect your invention. Utility patents protect new techniques and machines. Design patents cover ornamental designs. Utility patents are best and shield the proprietor from copies and competitors. Most often they are granted for alterations or improvements to existing inventions. They can also be used to improve or modify existing inventions. A process patent will describe the methods or actions to perform a specific action. But, a chemical composition could be a combination of components.
What’s the duration of a patent last? Utility patents last 20 years from the initial filing date, however, their expiration dates can be extended due to delays in the patent office for instance.
Are you considering patenting your ideas? Patents are granted only to applicants who are the first to file, therefore you need to file your patent application quickly. Call PatentPC today to get your patent application approved!
A patent search is a must when you are drafting the patent application. This will allow you to see other concepts and provide insights into the potential of them. You’ll be able narrow down the scope of your invention. Additionally, you’ll be able to learn about state of the art in your field of invention. This will allow you to know the extent of your invention and prepare you for filing the patent application.
How to Search for Patents
Patent searches are the initial step in obtaining your patent. You can do a google patent search or do a USPTO search. Patent-pending refers to the product that has been covered by the patent application. You can search the public pair to find the patent application. Once the patent office approves the patent application, you are able to perform a patent search to find the issued patent. Your product will now be patented. Alongside the USPTO search engine, you can also utilize other search engines like espacenet as described below. A patent lawyer or patent attorney can assist you with the process. Patents granted in the United States are granted by the US trademark and patent office, or the United States patent office. The office also examines trademark applications.
Are you looking for similar patents? Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Think of terms that describe your invention, based on its purpose and composition or usage.
Start by writing down a succinct and precise description of your invention. Do not use generic terms such as “device”, “process,” or “system”. Look for synonyms to the terms you chose initially. Next, take note of significant technical terms as well as keywords.
To help you recognize the key words and concepts, try the following questions.
- What’s the purpose of the invention? Is it a utilitarian device or an ornamental design?
- Invention can be described as a method of create something or perform a function? Or is it a product or procedure?
- What is the composition and function of the invention? What is the physical structure?
- What is the goal of this invention?
- What are the technical words and terms that describe the essence of an invention? To help you find the appropriate terms, use a technical dictionary.
2. These terms will allow you to look up pertinent Cooperative Patent Classifications on the Classification Search Tool. To find the most appropriate classification for your invention, look through the classification’s class Schemes (class schedules). Think about substituting the words you’re using to describe your invention if you don’t receive any results from the Classification Text Search with synonyms similar to the words you used in step 1.
3. Check 3. Check the CPC Classification Definition for confirmation of the CPC classification you have found. The hyperlink to the CPC classification definition is available when the classification you have selected has a blue box that includes “D” on the left. CPC classification definitions will help determine the scope of the classification, so you are certain to choose the one that is relevant. They may also provide research tips or other suggestions that could be helpful for further research.
4. The Patents Full-Text Database and the Image Database allow you to find patent documents that are accompanied by the CPC classification. You can search and select the relevant patent publications by focusing first on the abstract and the drawings that are representative.
5. This list of patent publication is the most appropriate to check for connections to your invention. Pay attention to the claims and specifications. Contact the applicant as well as the patent examiner for any additional patents.
6. Retrieve published patent applications with the CPC classification you selected in Step 3 from the Applications Full-Text and Image Database. You can also use the same strategy of searching you used in Step 4 to narrow down your results to the most relevant patents by reading the abstracts as well as the drawings for every page. After that, take a close look at the published patent applications with particular attention paid to the claims and additional drawings.
7. You can find other US patent publications using keywords in the AppFT and PatFT databases, as well as search for patents classified as that are not issued by the United States in the following table. Also, you can use web search engines to search for non-patent-related literature disclosures about inventions. For instance:
- Add keywords to your search. Keyword searches may turn up documents that are not well-categorized or have missed classifications during Step 2. For example, US patent examiners often supplement their classification searches with keyword searches. Think about the use of technical engineering terminology rather than everyday words.
- Search for foreign patents using the CPC classification. Then, re-run the search using international patent office search engines such as Espacenet, the European Patent Office’s worldwide patent publication database of over 130 million patent publications. Other national databases include:
- European Patent Office (EPO) provides esp@cenet to access a network of Europe’s patent databases with access to machine translation of European patents.
- Japan Patent Office (JPO) – with access to machine translations of Japanese patents.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) offers PATENTSCOPE with a full-text search of published international patent applications and machine translations for some documents, as well as a list of international patent databases.
- Korean Intellectual Property Rights Information Service (KIPRIS)
- State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) with machine translation of Chinese patents.
- Other International Intellectual Property Offices with online patent databases include Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, India, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan.
- Search non-patent literature. Inventions can be made public in many non-patent publications. It is recommended that you search journals, books, websites, technical catalogs, conference proceedings, and other print and electronic publications.
To review your search, you can hire a registered patent attorney to assist. A preliminary search will help one better prepare to talk about their invention and other related inventions with a professional patent attorney. In addition, the attorney will not spend too much time or money on patenting basics.