Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (Suwon-si, KR)
What is a Patent for Apparatus and method for multi cell communications using beamforming technology in wireless communication system
Aspects of the present disclosure include addressing at least the mentioned issues and/or disadvantages as well as to provide at least the benefits as described below. The present disclosure provides an apparatus and method to provide more efficient communication using beamforming technology in wireless communication systems.
Another aspect of the present disclosure is to provide an apparatus and a procedure for allowing a terminal that has multiple beamforming antennas to connect using a cell that is optimized for each antenna in wireless communication systems.
The present disclosure also provides an apparatus and a method of changing single-cell connections into multicell connections within a wireless communications system.
Another aspect of the disclosure is that it provides an apparatus and method of converting a multiple cell connections to single cell connections in a wireless communication system.
The present disclosure provides an apparatus and method that permits multicell connections be made simultaneously in wireless communication networks.
Another aspect of the disclosure is the provision of an apparatus and method of releasing connection for one of cells in a multicell connection state within a wireless communication system.
The present disclosure also provides an apparatus and method to remove all multicell connections that are connected to a wireless communication network.
The present disclosure also provides an apparatus and method to change the optimal cell status in an intercellular communication system.
In accordance with one aspect of the current invention, a method of operating a terminal within wireless communication system is provided. This method involves performing an access process to access a first basestation by using a firstantenna. Then, connecting to the second basestation with a secondantenna, and connecting to the base station using the first antenna. The second antenna is utilized for communicating with the second station.
A method for operating a basestation as a primary basestation in a wireless communication network is described according to a different aspect. The method involves performing an access procedure with terminals via serving cells for a first antenna of the terminal, and performing communication with the terminal via the first antenna of the terminal in which the access procedure involves transmitting, at the base station that is first as well as the terminal, a message containing information about a second base station that the first base station and the terminal desire to access to a gateway using the second antenna.
A method for operating a gateway in an wireless communication network is disclosed in accordance with another aspect. The method includes making an access process in which a terminal connects to the first base station using one antenna, and the terminal connects to a second base station by using a second antenna and communicating with the terminal through the first base station as well as the second base station, wherein the performing of the access procedure involves receiving, from the first base station, an informational message containing details about the base station that is first as well as the second base station.
According to a different aspect of the disclosed invention a terminal apparatus in a wireless communication system is disclosed. The terminal apparatus includes an operator configured to perform an access procedure that allows access to a first basestation using a first antenna and accessing a second base station using a second antenna, and a communications unit that is configured to transmit or receive signals to or from the first base station using the first antenna and send or receive a signal from the second base station via the second antenna.
A first base station apparatus for a wireless communication network is described in accordance with another aspect. The first base station apparatus comprises a controller that performs an access procedure with a terminal via an auxiliary cell that serves the first antenna. A backhaul communications device that is designed to transmit information about an additional station which the first base station would like to access through a gateway controlled by the controller. A wireless communication unit is configured to transmit/receive information to or from the terminal through its first antenna.
In accordance with another aspect of the disclosed invention, the gateway apparatus of a wireless communication system is offered. The gateway apparatus includes a controller configured to perform an access procedure in which the terminal connects to a first base station using a first antenna, and the terminal connects to the second base station with another antenna and a communication unit that is configured to receive a signal including information regarding the first base station and the second base station from the base station that is first and to transmit/receive data to/from the terminal via the first base station and the second base station under control of the controller.
The following detailed description will highlight other aspects, benefits, and key features of the disclosure to people who are skilled in the art. It is accompanied by the attached drawings.Click here to view the patent on USPTO website.
Get Patents with PatentPC
What is a patent?
A patent is granted by the government to protect an invention, patents give the inventor with exclusive rights to develop, utilize and sell the invention? society is benefited when a brand new technology is introduced into the marketplace. These benefits could be directly realized when individuals are able to accomplish previously impossible feats, or indirectly through the economic benefits that innovation offers (business expansion, job creation).
A lot of pharmaceutical firms and university researchers are seeking patent protection for their research and developments. Patents can be granted to a product, process, or method for making new materials. Patent protection has to be granted to an invention that is useful unique, innovative, and not previously known to others in the same field.
Patents reward inventors who have commercially viable inventions. They act as an incentive for inventors to create. Small businesses and inventors can rest assured that they will get a return on their investment in technology development through patents. It means that they can make a living by their work.
Businesses that have the capacity to:
Secure innovative products and services;
Improve the visibility and the value of your products ‘ presence on the market
Make your brand stand out from others.
Find out about business and technical information.
Avoid using content from third parties or you risk losing important information, creative outputs, and other outputs.
Patents convert knowledge of the inventor into an asset that can be sold, which creates new opportunities for job creation through licensing and joint ventures.
Small businesses that have patent protection will be more attractive to investors involved in the commercialization of technology.
Patenting can generate fresh ideas and innovative inventions. This information could be protected by patents.
Patents can be used as an obstacle to unscrupulous third parties profiting from the invention’s success.
Commercially successful patent-protected technology revenues can be used to finance the development of technology through research and development (R&D) that will improve the chances of developing better technology in the near future.
It is possible to use intellectual property ownership to convince investors and lenders that your product has real commercial potential. Sometimes, one powerful patent could open the door to multiple financing options. Patents as well as other IP assets are able to be used as collateral or security for financing debt. Investors may also look at your patent assets in order to increase their company valuation. Forbes and others have noted that each patent can add between $500,000 and million dollars to your company’s valuation.
Startups require a carefully-crafted business plan that leverages the IP to show that your product or service is distinctive and superior or ingenuous. Investors will be impressed if your IP rights are secured or are in the process of becoming secure, and that they are in line with your business strategy.
It is essential to keep an invention secret until you apply to protect it with patents. Pre-filing disclosures of an invention can damage its novelty and invalidate it. The filing of disclosures prior to filing, for example, for investors, test-marketing or other business partners should be done only after signing a confidentiality agreement.
There are a variety of patents. Understanding the different types of patents is vital to protect your invention. Utility patents are for inventions and processes that are new. Design patents cover ornamental designs. Utility patents are best to protect the proprietor from copies and competitors. In most cases, utility patents are issued for improvements or modifications to existing inventions. They can also be used to improve or alter existing inventions. A process patent could be a way to describe the actions or methods of performing a specific act. However, a chemical composition will include the combination of ingredients.
What is the average length of patents? Patents for utility last for 20 years from the earliest date of filing, however their expirations can be extended because of delays in the patent office, for example.
Are you considering patenting your ideas? Patents are only granted to the first-to-file applicants therefore you need to file your patent application quickly. Call PatentPC now to have your patent application approved!
When you’re writing a patent application when you are writing a patent application, it is essential to conduct an online patent search. the search will give you some insight into other people’s concepts. You’ll be able limit the scope of your invention. It is also possible to find out about the current state of the art within the field you’re inventing. You’ll have a better idea of what your invention should be, and you’ll be more prepared to submit the patent application.
How to Search for Patents
Patent searches are the very first step in obtaining your patent. You can do a google patent search or do a USPTO search. Once the patent application is submitted, the product that is covered by the application can be referred to as patent-pending and you can locate the patent application on a public pair. Once the patent office approves the patent application, you will be able to perform a patent search to locate the issued patent, and your product will now be patented. Alongside the USPTO search engine, you can also utilize other search engines such as espacenet, as detailed below. A patent lawyer or patent attorney can help you through the process. Patents in the United States are granted by the US trademark and patent office, or the United States patent office and trademark office. The office also evaluates trademark applications.
Are you interested in finding similar patents? These are the steps to follow:
1. Think of terms that describe your invention according to its function, composition, or use.
Write down a concise and precise explanation of your invention. Be sure to avoid using terms that are generic such as “device,” “process,” and “system.” Instead, consider synonyms to the terms you selected initially. Then, note crucial technical terms, as well as key words.
To help you find terms and keywords, you can use the questions below.
- What is the goal of the invention Is it a utilitarian device or an ornamental design?
- Does the invention consist of a method of making something, or fulfilling a purpose? Does it constitute a product?
- What is the composition of the invention? What is the physical composition of the invention?
- What’s the objective of this invention?
- What are technical words and terms that describe the characteristics of an invention? To find the correct terms, consult the technical dictionary.
2. These terms will enable you to look up relevant Cooperative Patent Classifications on the Classification Search Tool. To find the most appropriate classification for your invention, scan the resulting classification’s class Schemes (class schedules). Think about substituting the words that you’ve used for describing your invention, if you don’t find any results in your Classification Text Search with synonyms such as the terms you used in step 1.
3. Check the CPC Classification Definition for confirmation of the CPC classification you’ve found. If the classification you have selected is a blue box that has an “D” to its left, the link will lead you to the CPC classification definition. CPC classification definitions can help determine the relevant classification’s scope and therefore you’re certain to choose the one that is pertinent. The definitions could also contain search tips or other suggestions that can be useful for further study.
4. The Patents Full-Text Database and the Image Database allow you to retrieve patent documents that include the CPC classification. You can look through and select the most relevant patent publications by first focusing on abstract and representative drawings.
5. Use this selection of the most relevant patent publications to examine each in detail for similarities to your invention. Be sure to read the claims and specifications. Contact the applicant as well as the patent examiner to obtain additional patents.
6. Retrieve published patent applications with the CPC classification you picked in Step 3 in the Applications Full-Text and Image Database. You can apply the same method of search as in Step 4. You can narrow your search results to the most relevant patent applications by examining the abstract as well as the illustrations on every page. Then, you must carefully review the published patent applications with particular attention paid to the claims as well as additional drawings.
7. Find additional US patents by keyword searching in the AppFT and PatFT databases, classification searching of non-U.S. patents per below, and searching non-patent patent disclosures in the literature of inventions using web search engines. Examples:
- Add keywords to your search. Keyword searches may turn up documents that are not well-categorized or have missed classifications during Step 2. For example, US patent examiners often supplement their classification searches with keyword searches. Think about the use of technical engineering terminology rather than everyday words.
- Search for foreign patents using the CPC classification. Then, re-run the search using international patent office search engines such as Espacenet, the European Patent Office’s worldwide patent publication database of over 130 million patent publications. Other national databases include:
- European Patent Office (EPO) provides esp@cenet to access a network of Europe’s patent databases with access to machine translation of European patents.
- Japan Patent Office (JPO) – with access to machine translations of Japanese patents.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) offers PATENTSCOPE with a full-text search of published international patent applications and machine translations for some documents, as well as a list of international patent databases.
- Korean Intellectual Property Rights Information Service (KIPRIS)
- State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) with machine translation of Chinese patents.
- Other International Intellectual Property Offices with online patent databases include Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, India, Israel, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan.
- Search non-patent literature. Inventions can be made public in many non-patent publications. It is recommended that you search journals, books, websites, technical catalogs, conference proceedings, and other print and electronic publications.
To review your search, you can hire a registered patent attorney to assist. A preliminary search will help one better prepare to talk about their invention and other related inventions with a professional patent attorney. In addition, the attorney will not spend too much time or money on patenting basics.